Saturday, August 24, 2013

Oh my...

Whew! I can't believe it's been so long since I posted! I haven't been working on this project as much as I would have like to because of college applications and hiking vacations. Now that I'm a bit more under control, I have, however started to work on the project again. I haven't failed yet!

I had my dad print the design for the guitar full scale at his work so that I could cut the template out with ease. Also next to the design is my dad's Fender Bullet (not the Squier version, the real deal) for comparison of size.


It looked like everything was going to fit just fine, so I sprayed some Super 77 onto a 1/4" piece of plywood and pasted the design on top. I then cut the design using a jigsaw, sanded the edges down until no imperfections could be seen or felt, and drilled out the holes where the neck attaches and ended up with this.



I took these photos now just to see what the guitar would look like. The next step is to cut out all of the other places on the template where I will be routing on the real piece of Alder Wood!


No comments:

Post a Comment