Thursday, January 9, 2014

I'm Sick of Waiting!



        So, as you can see, it has been a long time since I worked on my guitar. I never seemed to have any time (with college apps and all). But it was time to strip the strings off of the guitar and begin working. I finally decided (with the help of a friend) that I just need to work a little bit per day. Just make it my daily routine to get home from school, go downstairs and work on the guitar to unwind, and then do my homework. Simple. So here's what I did on Monday and today.


I sanded the cavities down with a dremel tool to get the pesky flakes off. The flakes were quite large, which is why I went for the dremel tool first before hand sanding.


I need to make an additional passageway for wires behind where the pickguard will be, so today I made another router template.


The wires need to be able to go from the pickup cavity to the switch cavity.


So, the template will lay over the body something like this to allow the router to cut a passageway.

I truly am sorry (both for myself and for everyone who is eager to see a finished product) for not finishing this guitar earlier. I hope you all will enjoy an update every day or so that documents the small progress I make each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment