Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hardware! YAY!

Ugh, I have to get out of the habit of posting my work several days after I actually do it. Anyways, I was able to fix the problem with my guitar's bridge not fitting. Here's what I did:


 Some sawing and a cut later...


I sanded the post down so that it was flush with the body.


I then re-drilled the hole for the bridge hardware, and as you can see, the new hole is a little bit off of where the old hole was.


I re-installed the hardware, and played the guitar for a bit. I noticed that the action was a bit high. I couldn't do anything about it, though, because the bridge was already in its lowest position. Apparently tune-o-matic bridges are not meant to work with fender necks. To bring the strings closer to the fret board, I decided to drill some recesses in the body so that the bridge would sit down lower.


I pulled the hardware... again. I sanded down some more dowels and covered them in tape to keep them from spinning inside the holes. I proceeded to make recesses about 3/16" deep. I then reinstalled the hardware, but I forgot to take a photograph, so I'll update this post once I have another photo of the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment