Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Silky Smooth...

Disclaimer:

So, as the school year starts to roll in, I'm not going to have as much time to work on my guitar. That doesn't mean, however, that I won't be working on the guitar at all. So, expect some shorter posts from now on, like this one.

Whew! Now that that is taken care of, let's see what I did today.


 Today, I routed out the edges of the guitar's body with a round off bit. It has a 1/4" radius, meaning that the arc formed by the bit has a 1/4" radius. While the body rides along the bearing, the bit nibbles away at the corner of the body. I used the table mount for the router because it made it easier to get a square cut. I had to move the body around the bit quickly to avoid any burn marks.


The body is really starting to look nice now! With that smooth edge, the guitar feels very smooth to the touch. I sanded for a bit, and then realized that I had not sanded the edges of the guitar yet (which will take care of those nasty burn marks). So, I'll have to take care of that, and then see whether I need to route the edges again or if just sanding the edges will be acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment