Monday, July 1, 2013

Computers Rock!

The scale of the cardboard cutout wasn't good enough. The neck's scale length of the cutout measured up to about 26", not even close to the 24.75" scale the Alt De Facto has. So, when discussing my guitar with my dad, he recommended I use AutoCAD to draw out the guitar with the proper dimensions so that I could have it printed out at full scale. And I did just that:


I used an image I found online of the guitar, and used the polyline tool to outline all the important parts of the guitar. Now, I won't be using the same neck as the Alt De Facto, but instead I will use a neck from a Fender Jazzmaster. Yeah, I know, I'm not truly building the guitar from scratch, but having the small amount of woodworking experience that I have, a neck would just be too difficult to make from scratch. There are still a few things to add into the drawing to make it my own guitar, as this is simply a copy of the Alt De Facto.

Ok, from now on, all posts will be written in the present tense (as much as possible), since I will be writing the posts right after I complete whatever I am writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment