Monday, July 1, 2013

The First Step

So, it was Summer.

Yeah.

Time to start this project, and not put it off, like I do with all my projects.

But this time, I really did start the project, if only by surfing the internet. I sort of still liked my design, but not really, and then I stumbled across this, and man did I want it in that color:


The non-reverse Gibson Firebirds are gorgeous guitars. Just look at those P-90 pickups all in a row! But they're way out of my price range... and I still want to build my own guitar anyways.

Then, I found this guitar by Fano, the Alt De Facto PX6, which has a cooler, more angular shape:

And then, this was born:


My very own cardboard cutout of the guitar that I wanted to build. I had since forgotten about the design I had made. I really wanted this guitar. Maybe someday I'll build another one using my design. At this point, though, I knew that this project was going to become a reality.

Oh, and I want one of these as a tailpiece too:

No comments:

Post a Comment